At almost 80 years old this fabulous City of London souvenir bracelet is not only fabulously retro it is also stamped with good clear London hallmarks for 1945: a significant year in British history.
Made in thick gauge sterling silver the bracelet is made up of 5 oval panels each one stamped with a famous London landmark. There is St Pauls Cathedral, Windsor Castle, Houses of Parliament, Tower Bridge and Westminster Abbey. The panels are framed in a pretty laurel leaf border and the bracelet fastens with a hidden box clasp so the scenes form a unbroken circle around the wrist. The panels are connected together with jump rings that are safely soldered closed, lovely quality!
The bracelet is hallmarked on the back of every panel and stamped with a British jewellery design registration number on the clasp.
With a wearable length of a tad over 7" (18cm) this bracelet is in very, very good vintage condition with light wear and faint surface scratches as expected in a piece this age. The London images are still lovely and crisp and the clasp is in perfect working order fastening securely.
We absolutely love this piece, take a nostalgic trip to London wearing this beautiful wartime souvenir bracelet!
MATERIALS: 925 sterling silver throughout
MEASUREMENTS: 7-1/2" (20cm) end to end, panels 1-1/4" x 7/8" (3x2.5cm)
WEIGHT: 33 grams
HALLMARKS: stamped on the 2nd panel 'lion passant' for sterling, 'leopard head' for London, date letter 'K' for 1945 and makers mark 'LILd' for Lonwick Industries Ltd., Oxford Mews, London. All the other panels are stamped with a lion passant and leopard head. The clasp is stamped ‘REG843463’.
CONDITION: in very very good condition with the clasp in perfect working order.
- FREE SHIPPING on all orders worldwide, orders are despatched next business day and sent tracked and insured.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
- Unless otherwise stated any antique cases in our photos are for display only, and are not included in the purchase.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Sterling Silver.