Full of old world charm this vintage 1950s 9ct gold engagement ring set with 5 diamonds in a sweeping bypass design that covers the front of finger from side to side.
A classic retro design of the era the small diamonds are graduated in size with the larger one in the centre. The diamonds are mounted in white gold bright cut star settings that are worn, the face of the ring must have been absentmindedly rubbed smooth over the decades by a lady's thumb! The yellow gold band and shoulders remain less rubbed with minimal thinning of the gold.
For a small finger, this dainty mid-century engagement ring ticks all the right boxes if you have fond recollections of Grandmother's rings or love an aged sentimental sparkle in your ring stack!
MATERIALS: 9ct yellow gold, 9ct white gold
GEMSTONES: 5 diamonds Presidium tested graduating from 1.5 to 1.25mm
HALLMARKS: stamped '9-375' for 9ct gold, 'anchor' for Birmingham, date letter 'A' for 1950 with other worn marks
SIZE: UK I (i) / US 4-1/2
MEASUREMENTS: 3.5mm wide at the shoulders, tapering to 1mm wide band at the back.
WEIGHT: 1.6 grams
DATE: mid-century, dated 1950
CONDITION: in good vintage condition with moderate wear, please see the photos
At Mercy Madge we offer distinctive and unique antique and vintage jewellery. Each piece is carefully hand selected by us, for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured all items will arrive gift wrapped in a custom Mercy Madge jewellery presentation box.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: 9ct gold, diamonds.