A beautiful English sterling silver bangle bracelet. Fine quality by a good maker it is stamped with full British hallmarks for the year 1954.
This feminine bangle is beautifully engraved in a classic Victorian fern flourish design with decorative scalloped silver tabs. It looks slim and elegant on the wrist, lovely worn alone or stacked with your other favourite bangles.
Crafted on the round the bangle will fit most wrist sizes. It measures 7-1/2" (19.5cm) at rest and it pushes out larger for ease of getting it on and then it squeezes smaller for a perfect fit on the wrist. A narrow bangle measuring 5/8" (1cm) wide, it weighs 9 grams.
Stamped on the inside 'lion passant' for sterling, 'anchor' for Birmingham, date letter 'E' for 1954 and makers mark 'H.G. & S." for Henry Griffiths & Sons.
This lovely piece remains in excellent condition, no dents or dings and the engraving still crisp. Beautiful and traditional these adjustable engraved bangles have been popular in Britain since Victorian times and were typically given as a loving gift or a milestone keepsake.
At Mercy Madge we offer antique and vintage jewellery that is special and each piece is hand selected by us for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- Our photographs are taken in extreme close-up to show you every tiny detail. Any blemishes are greatly magnified and typically they aren’t noticeable to the naked eye. Reflections caused by our bright lighting can cast to dark spots and discoloured areas that don't exist in real life.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over £150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway, please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Sterling Silver.