A beautiful vintage English 22ct gold on sterling silver hinged bangle bracelet with nice clear hallmarks for London in 1966. The bangle comes in an old jewellers vintage fitted bracelet box printed with "Perkins & Sons, Wakefield" printed inside the satin lined lid.
Made by Fred Manshaw, a mid-century British manufacturing jeweller based in London the front of the bracelet is engraved in a classic and timeless floral design with the back left plain. Crafted on the oval the bangle has a D-profile with a hinge on one side and a push button clasp along with a safety chain on the other.
The bracelet is in good vintage condition with moderate surface scratches on the back noted under magnification, there is also a shallow surface dent on the back too with a little of the gold plating around it worn through to the silver. The hinge is still nice and tight with no slippage and the clasp clicks tightly closed. The bracelet is priced in accordance with its worn condition and it still remains a lovely and very wearable classic English bangle, please see the photos.
MATERIALS: sterling silver, 22ct gold
MEASUREMENTS: inside circumference 7" (18cm), measures 2-3/8" (6cm) hinge to clasp, 2-1/4" (5.5cm) front to back. The bracelet is 5/8" (1.8cm) wise
HALLMARKS: stamped on the back 'leopard head' for London, 'lion passant' for sterling, date letter 'l' for 1966 also ''FM' in a heart logo for Fred Manshaw. Stamped on the back with leopard head, lion passant and "22ct On SILVER"
WEIGHT: heavy at 33.5 grams
DATE: circa 1960, mid-century
At Mercy Madge we offer a carefully curated collection of distinctive and unique jewellery. Each piece is hand selected with you in mind and we rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured all pieces will arrive gift wrapped in our Mercy Madge custom made jewellery boxes.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Sterling Silver, 22ct Gold Plating.