This beautiful 9ct gold pendant has full British hallmarks for the year 1962 and is very much in the Victorian style, a jewellery trend that enjoyed a real revival in the 60's and 70's.
Crafted as a lady's seal style fob it is a dainty size and very pretty. The uncarved "seal" in the bottom is a slice of Scottish chalcedony in a glowing emerald green colour. It is set in a decorative sawtooth bezel whilst the top is decorated in graceful yellow gold scrollwork. Chalcedony is a highly regarded gemstone, worn in many cultures to protect from the 'evil eye' and without a doubt green is a lucky colour so this piece may have hidden charms too!
A soldered gold ring at the top means this lady is ready to wear on your favorite gold chain. A decorative and elegant classic piece of antique style jewellery!
MATERIALS: 9ct yellow gold
GEMSTONES: Presidium tested green chalcedony (chrysoprase)
MEASUREMENTS: 1" (2.5cm) tall, base 3/4" (2cm) wide, jump ring 6mm
WEIGHT: 4.5 grams
HALLMARKS: stamped '9-375' for 9ct gold, 'leopards head' for London, date letter italic 'g' for 1962 and makers mark 'G&T.J'
DATE: 1960, mid-century
CONDITION: in very good condition with signs of wear and use as to be expected in an 70+ piece but nothing untoward, slight wear to the very tips of a couple of the teeth, the gemstone is securely set and free of flaws.
At Mercy Madge we offer a carefully curated collection of antique and vintage jewellery. Each piece is hand selected with you in mind and we rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
- Our photographs are taken in extreme close-up to show you every tiny detail. Any blemishes are greatly magnified and typically they aren’t noticeable to the naked eye. Reflections caused by our bright lighting can cast to dark spots and discoloured areas that don't exist in real life.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over £150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway, please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: 9ct Gold, Chalcedony.