A beautiful vintage Etruscan revival style 9ct yellow gold ring showcasing a ethereal blue Labradorite gemstone cabochon.
Fully hallmarked for Birmingham the ring has split scrolled shoulders with the gemstone held tightly in a multitude of golden dog-tooth claws framed in a rope border. A slender gold band completes this elegant ring.
The mysterious Labradorite gemstone is open backed and shimmers with extraordinary colour changes deep within the stone. It is a deep midnight blue with a vivid bright blue halo when viewed from the back, when viewed from the side it is crystal clear and when viewed from above it has a dramatic play of colour that starts off at sapphire blue and flashes emerald green and coppery red as it moves.
Inuit folklore claims that the magical Labradorite stone fell from the frozen fire of the Aurora Borealis and its shimmering is a mystical light that separates the waking world from unseen realms!
A stunning ring with an aura of ancient mystery about it, every time you look at it, it looks different and we adore the beautiful Victorian design of the setting too!
MATERIALS: 9ct yellow gold
GEMSTONE: Labradorite, Presidium tested, measures 11x9mm
RING SIZE: UK size M-1/2, US size 6.5 with sizing available for an additional fee
HALLMARKS: stamped 'crown' and '375' for 9ct gold, sideways 'anchor' for Birmingham and makers mark 'GJ'
WEIGHT: 2.0 grams
CONDITION: in very good vintage condition with minimal signs of wear and the stone free of flaws. We have more photos of this piece on our website at www.mercymadge.com
At Mercy Madge we offer a carefully curated collection of antique and vintage jewellery. Each piece is hand selected with you in mind and we rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent tracked and insured.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured all pieces will arrive gift wrapped in our Mercy Madge custom made jewellery boxes.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $200. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: 9ct yellow gold, Labradorite.