An impressive oval cut deep blue sapphire graces this classic Edwardian revival halo ring bearing British 9ct gold hallmarks for 1993. The sapphire is a deep royal blue framed by a halo of diamonds that are illusion set in sparkling white gold. There are 6 tiny melee diamonds alternating between 6 white gold beads that shine brightly giving the illusion that the sapphire is surrounded by a cluster 12 much larger diamonds.
The gemstones have all been tested and verified with a Presidium Gemstone Tester. The sapphire is an impressive size, at least 2 carats (measured within the confines of the setting) and it is held tightly in 8 tall yellow gold claws. The gemstone face sits on a high open gallery that has round cut outs which allow the light behind the stones to increase the sparkle even more. Gorgeous yellow gold split shoulders in romantic scrolled heart motifs flank the stones at the sides and lead to a thick d-shaped band at the back.
An absolute beauty in a classic beloved style, this feminine ring would make a gorgeous vintage engagement ring, or a lovely feminine right hand ring, it is bound to bring compliments.
MATERIALS: 9ct gold
GEMSTONES: Presidium tested: 1 oval cut sapphire measuring 8x6mm (approx. 2 carats), 6 round melee diamonds 0.01ct each
SIZE: US 5.5/UK K-1.2 with sizing available for an additional fee, please contact us with your ring size for a cost quote.
MEASUREMENTS: face of the ring measures 12x10mm standing 5mm from finger, band 2mm
HALLMARKS: stamped 'crown-375' for 9ct gold, anchor for Birmingham, date letter 'T' for 1993, also stamped with a 'CJ' makers mark
WEIGHT: 2.9 grams.
CONDITION: In lovely vintage condition with light wear and no noted flaws.
At Mercy Madge we offer a distinctive and unique collection of antique and vintage jewelry. Each item in our shop is carefully hand selected by us, for you. The jewelry pieces we offer are old treasures and we rarely find two identical, once they are gone, they are truly gone and you may never find another!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive professionally packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details can be found in our shop's FAQ shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over $150. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.