An gorgeous 2-carat oval cut deep blue sapphire graces this vintage 9ct gold diamond cluster ring with nice clear hallmarks for 1993.
This is a two tone ring with a white gold setting for the gemstones and yellow gold band and shoulders. The sapphire is a lovely deep royal blue and it is framed by a halo of very small diamonds that are micro-pavé set with alternate white gold beads giving a very sparkly effect.
The sapphire is a good size (at least 2 carats, measured within the confines of the setting) and it is held in 8 tall claws. The white gold face of the ring sits high on top of a cut out under-gallery which allows more light behind the stones for an extra sparkle. Raised shoulders accented with scrolled heart motifs and a thick d-shaped band complete this lovely ring.
An absolute beauty in an Edwardian inspired design, this ring would make a stylish "Princess Diana" style engagement ring, or a lovely feminine right hand ring.
MATERIALS: 9ct gold
GEMSTONES: Presidium tested: oval cut sapphire measuring 8x6mm (approx. 2 carats), 6 very small round diamonds 1.0 mm diameter
SIZE: US 5.5/UK K-1/2 with sizing available for an additional fee
MEASUREMENTS: face of the ring measures 12x10mm standing 5mm from finger, band 2mm
HALLMARKS: stamped 'crown-375' for 9ct gold, anchor for Birmingham, date letter 'T' for 1993, also stamped with a 'CJ' makers mark
WEIGHT: 2.9 grams.
CONDITION: In lovely vintage condition with light wear and no noted flaws.
At Mercy Madge we offer a distinctive and unique collection of antique and vintage jewelry. Each item in our shop is carefully hand selected by us, for you. The jewelry pieces we offer are old treasures and we rarely find two identical, once they are gone, they are truly gone and you may never find another!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive professionally packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details can be found in our shop's FAQ shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over $150. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.