Hallmarked for 1972 this sophisticated sapphire and spinel gold cluster ring is a statement of femininity and beauty. With an egg shaped domed profile it features 24 blue sapphire and white spinel gemstones carpeting the face of the ring in an eight point star motif clustered around a 1 carat oval sapphire.
These are beautiful stones with the sapphires intensely saturated in a rich cornflower blue with the spinels sparkling glacier white with absolutely no hint of color they look like the best of diamonds.
The stones are claw set into an highly detailed high basket mount in a scalloped crown design with scroll shoulders decorated with a gold bead accents at each side. The tall open setting standing 11mm from the finger allows light to flood through adding even more brilliance and fire to the stones.
A stunning blue and white gemstone dress ring and iconic of the big bold jewelry styles of the 60's and early 70's, tons of presence!
MATERIALS: 9 carat yellow gold
GEMSTONES: Presidium tested and measured in the setting: 16 round spinels 0.10 carat each, 8 round sapphires 0.10 carat each, 1 oval sapphire 1.0 carat. Total carat weight approx. 3.4 carats.
MEASUREMENTS: Face measures 17x15mm and stands 11mm from finger graduating to a band width of 2mm at back.
RING SIZE: US 7 -1/2, UK O-1/2, EU 55.5 with sizing available for an additional fee.
HALLMARKS: Stamped 9-375, Anchor for Birmingham, date letter X for 1972 and W.G. makers mark.
WEIGHT: 4.4 grams
CONDITION: Excellent with minimal signs of wear and no wearing away of the gold.
Each item in our shop is carefully hand selected by us, for you. The pieces of jewelry we offer are old treasures and we rarely find two identical, once they are gone, they are truly gone and you may never find another!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive beautifully packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details can be found in our shop's shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over £100. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.