An elegant and traditional vintage gold signet ring set with an flat cut cabochon of onyx seal and hallmarked for London 1982. The ring has an oval face with carved gold open work shoulders and the onyx is set into a bezel with decorative tiny dog tooth claws at the top and bottom. A lovely dainty ring, classic and very wearable on any finger, fabulous for the index finger!
The ring is size Q (medium finger size), US size 8.25. It is stamped with full hallmarks inside, 'crown-375' for 9ct gold, 'leopards head' for London, date letter 'H' for 1982 and 'MJ' makers mark. The ring weighs 1.9 grams with the face measuring 5/8" (1.5cm) tall and the same across shoulder to shoulder. The onyx stone measures roughly 10x8mm.
In very good vintage condition with average surface wear in keeping with age, the band at the back has worn a little thinner and the stone is free of any flaws, please see the photos.
At Mercy Madge we offer a carefully curated collection of antique and vintage jewellery. Each piece is hand selected with you in mind and we rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured all pieces will arrive gift wrapped in our Mercy Madge custom made jewellery boxes.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $200. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Browse our shop for exceptional jewelry from every era - Georgian - Victorian - Edwardian - Art Deco - Modern - at mercymadge.etsy.com New offerings are added every day and layaway is available.
Materials: 9ct yellow gold, onyx.