This modern 9ct yellow carved shell "Venus & Amor" cameo is fully hallmarked for London 1981. A very pretty romantic scene scene the carving is skillfully done using the natural white shading in the shell for the image border, wispy clouds and cotton-wool like clouds. Mythological Venus and her son Cupid are beautifully modelled with lots of detailing. The cameo is mounted into a solid 9ct gold setting framed by a decorative twisted "barley sugar" border.
The brooch is a fairly large size and has a decorative twisted 9ct gold pin back that including a revolving safety clasp and it is stamped with the dated British hallmark at the bottom of the gold frame.
A lovely modern cameo brooch, good quality and in excellent condition. It could be easily be converted into a pendant at minimal cost too.
MATERIALS: 9ct yellow gold
MEASUREMENTS: 2" (5cm) tall, 1-1/2" (4cm) wide with the cameo measuring 1-5/8" (4.2cm) by 1-1/4" (3.2cm)
HALMARKS: stamped 'crown-375' for 9ct gold, 'leopard head' for London, date letter ' G' for 1981, also stamped R&C Ltd' makers mark
WEIGHT: 10 grams
At Mercy Madge we offer a carefully curated collection of antique and vintage jewellery. Each piece is hand selected with you in mind and we rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured all pieces will arrive gift wrapped in our Mercy Madge custom made jewellery boxes.
- Our photographs are taken in extreme close-up to show you every tiny detail, any flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: 9ct Gold, Shell Cameo.