A superb quality vintage sterling silver buckle bracelet cuff bearing full British hallmarks for 1976. A popular jewellery motif since Victorian times the buckle is a symbol of fidelity and unbroken bonds of love.
Heavily constructed on the round in thick gauge sterling silver the bangle is engraved all the way around in very pretty bright polished leaves against a textured satin silver background.
The bangle is hinged at the side (3/4 of the way around) and it is opened by pressing the front to release the buckle prong so you can flip the buckle up. An unusual and pretty nifty fastener that incorporates beautifully into the bangle design so it is patent protected, form and function at its best!
A gorgeous piece, exquisite quality, fabulous for stacking or wearing as a signature piece these beautifully romantic buckle bracelets are timeless classics and never go out of style.
MATERIALS: sterling silver
MEASUREMENTS: measures 7-1/2" (19cm) around, 1/2" (1.3cm) wide and the silver is 1.5mm thick
HALLMARKS: stamped inside back 'lion passant' for sterling, 'anchor' for Birmingham, date letter 'B' for 1976, maker's mark 'BLtd' for Bracelon Ltd., and 'PatNo 960949'. Stamped inside front with a lion passant and date letter 'B'.
WEIGHT: heavy at 28 grams
DATE: mid century 1970s
CONDITION: Excellent, the silver is thick gauge with no dings and the engraving still crisp. Any scratches seen in the photos are microscopic and not visible to the eye. The hinge and front clasp are in perfect working order with the bracelet fastening securely.
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique cases in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- DISCOUNT, find special discount and no sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Materials: Sterling Silver.