A beautiful English sterling silver vintage locket made by Joseph Smith & Sons a manufacturing jewellers who were located in Birmingham's historic Jewellery Quarter.
The locket has an elegant boxy profile and it is intricately engraved in a beautiful Lily pattern on the front with the back left smooth. It opens from the side to reveal 2 stations for your treasured photos along with silver frames, black satin liners and hard plastic picture covers.
The locket is fully hallmarked for 1979 on the back and we have added a new Italian 16" sterling silver fine curb chain so this beauty is ready to wear straight out of the box.
The locket is in very, very good condition with a faint surface scratches as expected in a locket of this age but absolutely no dents or dings. It closes tightly shut with a satisfying snap and the hinge is in perfect order.
A gorgeous traditional English silver locket, pretty and feminine it is perfect for daily wear and it would make a lovely gift for someone special.
MATERIALS: sterling silver throughout
MEASUREMENTS: locket 5/8" (2.3cm) wide, 1-1/4" tall (3cm) with bale, 5.1mm deep. Chain 16" (42cm)
WEIGHT: 7 grams
HALLMARKS: locket stamped '925S', British 'lion passant' for sterling, 'anchor' for Birmingham, date letter 'E' for 1979 and makers mark 'JS' in a shield. Chain stamped '925'
At Mercy Madge we offer antique and vintage jewellery that is special and each piece is hand selected by us for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE SHIPPING on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- Our photographs are taken in extreme close-up to show you every tiny detail. Any blemishes are greatly magnified and typically they aren’t noticeable to the naked eye. Reflections caused by our bright lighting can cast to dark spots and discoloured areas that don't exist in real life.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over £150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway, please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Sterling Silver.