An exceptional quality vintage sterling silver wide belt with buckle bangle made in 1962 by Bracelon Ltd., a manufacturing jewellers that were located in Birmingham's historic jewellery quarter. A romantic popular jewellery design since Victorian times the belt and buckle motif represents eternal love and worn as an amulet buckle jewellery is thought to bestow protection upon the wearer.
Weighing over 50 grams the bangle is heavily constructed in thick gauge sterling silver. It is shaped on the oval and intricately engraved and chased in a gorgeous Forget-me-Not flower and fern flourish pattern on the front with the back left smooth. The beautifully detailed applied buckle, belt loop and holes add to its immense decorative appeal.
The bangle is hinged at one side and it is opens by pushing the sides together to release the prong and flip the buckle up. An unusual and pretty nifty fastener that incorporates beautifully into the bangle design. As well as full hallmarks the bangle is also stamped with a design patent, this piece shows "form and function" at its very best!
A gorgeous piece, steeped in sentiment and symbolism it is superb quality, fabulous for stacking or wearing as a signature piece, this is a classic you will want to wear forever or give to a loved one!
MATERIALS: sterling silver
MEASUREMENTS: measures 7-1/2" (19cm) around, 5/8" (2.2cm) wide and the silver is 1.65mm thick
HALLMARKS: stamped inside the back 'lion passant' for sterling, 'anchor' for Birmingham, date letter 'N' for 1962 and maker's mark 'BLtd' for Bracelon Ltd. Stamped inside the front 'PATAPP.FOR' (patent applied for) , a 'lion passant' and date letter 'N'.
WEIGHT: heavy at 53.4 grams
DATE: mid century, dated 1962
CONDITION: in excellent condition with only light surface scratches as expected in a 60 year old vintage bangle, there are no dents or dings and the engraving still fresh and crisp. The hinge and clasp are in perfect working order with the bracelet fastening securely. More photos on our website at www.mercymadge.com
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique cases in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
- DISCOUNT, find special discount and no sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Materials: Sterling Silver.