A top quality English vintage sterling silver bangle bracelet engraved in a superb Sycamore leaf pattern on one side with the other stamped in a full set of oversized historical hallmarks for 1977 which is an integral part of the design. Two bangles in one! You can wear it with either side facing and the design is patented with a patent number stamped on the inside.
The bangle is fairly wide and heavily constructed in thick gauge silver, it has a hinge at one side and a simple hook clasp at the other that pushes down to open and up to close. The leaf engraving is gorgeous with beautiful bright cut engraved leaves sparkling against the beautiful brushed satin finish of the bangle.
The Sycamore leaf motif symbolises love and longevity which is quite fitting because these particular hallmarks were released to commemorate the Silver Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth in 1977. Manufacturers soon incorporated these historical assay marks into their jewellery designs with such pieces becoming extremely fashionable in Britain! We have seen quite a few pendants but the bangles are few and far between!
A great piece of original statement jewellery, an absolute classic of the era, fabulous for stacking or wearing as a signature piece!
MATERIALS: sterling silver
MEASUREMENTS: measures 7-1/2" (19cm) around, 3/4" (2cm) wide and the silver is 1.6mm thick
HALLMARKS: stamped on the outside back 'lion passant' for sterling, 'anchor for Birmingham, date letter 'C' for 1977, 'Elizabeth head' (silver jubilee mark) and 'BLtd' (makers mark). Stamped on the inside front with a lion passant, date letter C, and 'PatNo 1167637' and 'BLd.' makers mark for Bracelon Ltd.
WEIGHT: weighs 36 grams so a substantial piece!
DATE: mid century 1970s
CONDITION: in excellent condition with no dings or dents and and the engraving still crisp and fresh (any surface scratches seen in the photos are microscopic and not visible to the eye), the hinge and clasp are in perfect order with the bracelet fastening securely.
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique cases in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- DISCOUNT, find special discount and no sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Materials: Sterling Silver.