Hallmarked for 1979, a beautifully crafted and heavy sterling silver Victorian style curb chain bracelet with a heart padlock clasp.
The thick links on this vintage bracelet are solid, not hollow, and they are stamped with the British lion passant throughout the curb links, extensive hallmarking is always a sign of a top quality silver chain.
At a full 9" in length with a nice long safety chain this fabulous chunky chain bracelet is good for the lady's or the gents. No key is required for the padlock, the clasp simply pushes in at the nub to open and locks closed with a satisfying click.
An absolute classic, this impressive sweetheart bracelet will never go out of style, you will want to wear it forever! During the sentimental Victorian era these romantic bracelets were often given to a lady love and they became a popular and enduring engagement gift.
MATERIALS: Sterling Silver.
MEASUREMENTS: 9" long (23 cm). Links 12x9mm with a thickness of 2.5mm, padlock 21x14mm, safety chain 3-1/4" (8.5cm)
WEIGHT: heavy at 37.8 grams (1.33 ounces)
HALLMARKS: stamped lion passant for sterling throughout, padlock 'anchor' for Birmingham, date letter 'E' for 1973 and makers mark 'AWF'
CONDITION: in overall excellent vintage condition with light signs of wear in keeping with age. The heart padlock clasp is in perfect working order and closes with a solid snap. The bracelet has been professionally cleaned and polished so it's ready to wear or to give as a gift.
At Mercy Madge we offer antique and vintage jewellery that is special and each piece is hand selected by us for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking and insurance.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
- Our photographs are taken in extreme close-up to show you every tiny detail. Any blemishes are greatly magnified and typically they aren’t noticeable to the naked eye. Reflections caused by our bright lighting can cast to dark spots and discoloured areas that don't exist in real life.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over £150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway, please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Sterling Silver.