This gorgeous vintage 1970s sterling silver locket is crafted in a striking Victorian Art Nouveau design.
The locket door on the front is embossed in a raised poppy motif and it opens from the top to reveal an equally decorative compartment inside. Beautifully made in heavy gauge silver, ribbon and scroll motifs frame the lovely floral design and the top top of the locket is finished in a large fan shaped bale. The design is very much in the Art Nouveau jewellery style that was experiencing a revival in the 1970s.
A fabulous and very unusual vintage sterling silver locket. We have added a new Italian sterling silver Belcher chain so this beauty is ready to wear right out of the box!
MATERIALS: sterling silver throughout
MEASUREMENTS: locket drop 2" (5cm) tall from the top of the bale to the bottom of the locket, 1" (2.5cm) wide, the inside compartment measures approx. 1"x3/4". Chain 18" (45cm)
HALLMARKS: locket stamped with an obscured '925' on bale, chain stamped '925'
WEIGHT: total 13.8 grams (locket 10.8 grams, chain 3.0 grams)
CONDITION: in very, very good vintage condition, light surface scratches and wear in keeping with age, no dents or dings and the locket door in perfect working order.
At Mercy Madge we offer a carefully curated collection of antique and vintage jewellery. Each piece is hand selected with you in mind and we rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only, and are not included in the purchase. However, do rest assured all pieces will arrive gift wrapped in one of our custom Mercy Madge jewellery boxes.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Sterling Silver.