This beautiful vintage 1960's sterling silver locket has plenty of age to it and features quality hand-engraving in a wonderful Edwardian Art Nouveau design.
One side of the locket is engraved in Acanthus leaves with a vacant rhombus shaped cartouche in the centre so you could choose to have it engraved for a personal touch. The other side is engraved in a bright-cut Crocus design, this lovely flower speaks of innocence and joy in the Victorian language of flowers.
The locket has a gently pillowed profile and it opens from the side to reveal 2 photo stations that have never been used. It has the original picture ring in one side which isn't really necessary because the wide rims have plenty of space to tuck your photos underneath, or you could choose to place a little keepsake in the roomy interior.
We have added a new Italian sterling silver anchor chain, its elegant flat cut links add a lovely sparkle that complements the locket's fabulous bright cut engraving. A gorgeous vintage locket in a fabulous revivalist design, the perfect medium size and ready to wear right out of the box!
MATERIALS: sterling silver throughout
MEASUREMENTS: 1-1/4" (3.4cm) tall measured with the oval ring, the locket itself is a 1" (2.5cm) circle. Chain 18" (46cm)
WEIGHT: 6.9 grams total
HALLMARKS: the locket has no visible hallmarks and we have acid tested and verified sterling, chain stamped '925' and '620*AR' for Italy
DATE: 1960's Edwardian/Art Nouveau revival
CONDITION: in excellent vintage condition with minimal signs of wear and it closes securely with a solid snap. You can safely disregard any dark spots in the photos, the locket is mirror like and picks up every reflection.
At Mercy Madge we offer distinctive and unique antique and vintage jewellery. Each piece is carefully hand selected by us, with you in mind. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE SHIPPING on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured all items will arrive gift wrapped in a custom Mercy Madge jewellery presentation box.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over £150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Sterling Silver.