Circa 1970 and hailing from Germany this very pretty vintage sterling silver locket is decorated on the front in a lovely engraved flower garland pattern.
The locket is an oval shape and the perfect medium size for daily wear. It opens from the side to reveal 2 stations with black satin liners and hard plastic picture covers. There are lips around the inside edges so photos are tucked underneath to hold them in place.
In lovely condition the locket closes with a satisfying snap and it has a little peg at the side keeping it tightly locked to protect the memories that you will put inside.
We have added a new 18" sterling silver classic curb chain so this lovely locket is ready to wear right out of the box. Our chains are made in Italy and are super quality. We have then available in 16" too so if you prefer a shorter chain just make a note on your order.
MATERIALS: Sterling silver throughout
MEASUREMENTS: locket 1-1/2" (4cm) tall with bale, 5/8" (2cm) wide, 5.5mm deep. Chain 18" (46cm)
WEIGHT: 5.8 grams total
HALLMARKS: Locket stamped '925', 'Germany' and 'MM' makers mark on the bale, chain stamped '925' on clasp
CONDITION: excellent, no dents or dings, the hinge in perfect order and just light surface wear as expected in a vintage piece. Please excuse any strange discoloured areas which are are reflections and camera shadow.
At Mercy Madge we offer a carefully curated collection of antique and vintage jewellery. Each piece is hand selected with you in mind and we rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured all pieces will arrive gift wrapped in our Mercy Madge custom made jewellery boxes.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $200. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Sterling Silver.