This unusual modernist English sterling silver locket is hallmarked for 1972 and is engraved and textured on the front in a fabulously unique design.
The locket opens from the side to reveal 2 stations for your precious photos, the silver picture frames are fixed in place so photos simply tuck underneath them. It has a slim unfussy profile and a decorative teardrop shaped bale at the top.
The locket is in very good condition, with a little surface wear and faint scratches as you might expect in a 60 + year old locket but nothing untoward, it closes with a satisfying snap to keep safe the memories that you will put inside.
We will add a new Italian 18" sterling silver classic curb chain so this locket is ready to wear right out of the box. It you prefer a shorter chain make a note on your order, we have them available in 16" length too.
A fabulous sterling silver locket in a striking mid-century modern design, it is a perfect medium size, ideal for daily wear!
MATERIALS: Sterling silver throughout
MEASUREMENTS: locket 1-1/4" (3cm) tall tall including bale, 3/4" (2cm) wide, 3mm deep. It will accommodate photos approx. 20x13mm. Chain 18" (46cm)
WEIGHT: 5.9 grams total
HALLMARKS: Locket stamped 'anchor, for Birmingham, 'lion passant' for sterling, date letter 'X' for 1972 and makers mark 'JS' in a shield for Joseph Smith & Son (hallmark worn). Chain stamped '925' on the tag and clasp.
At Mercy Madge we offer a carefully curated collection of antique and vintage jewellery. Each piece is hand selected with you in mind and we rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured all pieces will arrive gift wrapped in our Mercy Madge custom made jewellery boxes.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $200. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Sterling Silver.