This beautiful hand-cut paste Aquamarine ring is brimming with gorgeous antique detail and character and dates to the early Victorian, late Georgian era.
Crafted with a 9ct yellow gold band, the super sparkly pale blue gemstones are mounted in a silver pinched collet setting. White metal reflects light better in gemstone settings so that is why you often see antique rings constructed in both silver and gold.
The ring has a large round face that curves around the finger providing wonderful finger coverage. A statement of femininity and beauty, antique hand-cut paste rings are a joy and very collectible!
Paste is a transparent lead glass material that was invented in 1758 by Viennese goldsmith Joseph Strasser, it was mixed wet (hence the term paste) and the resulting glass which had a high refraction and strong dispersion could be cut into facets. These superb imitation jewels were widely known as Strass stones and they quickly became very fashionable.
MATERIALS: 9ct yellow gold band, stone setting 935 silver (sterling is 925)
GEMSTONE: paste (glass) Aquamarines, centre stone measures 6.5mm, surrounding stones 4mm diameter
MEASUREMENTS: face measures 15mm diameter, band 1.7mm
RING SIZE: O (UK), 7.25 (US), with sizing available for an additional fee
WEIGHT: 4.1 grams
HALLMARKS: stamped '935' behind the face and '9ct.' on the band
DATE: Georgian/Victorian, circa 1830
CONDITION: in very, very good antique condition, minor surface scuffs to the top facets of the pastes noted under very close magnification, the gemstones are securely set and secure in their settings.
SHIPPING - FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING. All orders are despatched next business day and sent tracked and insured.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured all items will arrive gift wrapped in a custom Mercy Madge jewellery presentation box.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: 9ct Gold, 935 Silver, Paste Aquamarines.