A sublime 1920s rolled gold lavaliere necklace with a large beautifully faceted pear cut lemon citrine glass drop suspended from a geometric bale flanked by 2 rainbow iris glass faceted beads. Vivid watermelon shades of fuchsia pink and emerald green exude color in the iris glass, quite the collectible piece. A simple rolo chain accented with paddle shaped links at the beads completes this elegant beauty that is iconic of the Art Deco era.
MEASUREMENTS: Pendant drop 1-1/2" (38mm), necklace length 16-1/2" (43cm) with the pear cut stone measuring 26x14mm, depth 8mm. Beads 7.5mm
DATE: 1920s, Art Deco
WEIGHT: 8.4 grams
ORIGIN: likely Czechoslovakia
CONDITION: Good condition with minimal wear to the rolled gold/gold fill layer. The pear cut stone has slight chipping at the pinch bale at the top and there is a tiny chip on the pointed back and to the edge of the stone. The stone is stable and cosmetically it is not really noticeable but we have priced the necklace with these minor flaws in mind. The clasp is in perfect working order.
At Mercy Madge we offer distinctive and unique estate jewelry in our beautifully curated shop. Each piece is carefully hand selected by us, for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive professionally packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details can be found in our shop's shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over £100. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.