A wonderfully romantic Victorian silver brooch fashioned from two Victorian silver sixpences superbly engraved on the front with 'AEI' a sentimental code for Amity, Eternity and Infinity.
Possibly manufactured as a commemorative mourning jewel for Victoria the back of the silver coins bear the definitive 1834 'young head' portrait of the Queen. It is just as likely that it is a romantic love token, AEI represents everlasting love
This is a solidly constructed large size brooch that would have been worn by the ladies to fasten a collar and could equally be worn by the gents as a tie or cravat pin. It has a decorative safety chain that gives an elegant look and benefits from a sturdy pin back for wear on heavier fabrics should you wish. Please note the antique box is not included.
MATERIALS: 925 sterling silver, tested.
DATE: Circa, 1900 late Victorian, early Edwardian.
WEIGHT: 9 grams.
CONDITION: Excellent condition with the engraving still crisp and the pin back in perfect working order.
Each item in our shop is carefully hand selected by us, for you. The pieces of jewelry we offer are old treasures and we rarely find two identical, once they are gone, they are truly gone and you may never find another!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive beautifully packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details can be found in our shop's shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over £100. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.