Hallmarked in Birmingham 1976 this very sweet expandable sterling silver vintage bracelet is for a young girl (or boy) and is a beloved British classic.
Fashioned in a belt and buckle design (a jewellery motif symbolising safety and security), the bangle is engraved around the front with the back left smooth.
It measures 6-1/4" (16cm) at rest and it pulls out another 1-1/2" (4cm) to push it over the hand. It is flexible so once it is on the wrist on you can squeeze it smaller for a perfect fit.
This is a narrow bracelet measuring 4.5mm wide and it weighs 5.7 grams.
Stamped on the inside 'lion passant' for sterling, 'anchor' for Birmingham, date letter 'B' for 1976 and makers mark 'AJ' for Albert Jackson a manufacturing jeweller that were located in Birmingham's historic jewellery quarter.
In very good condition, with some light wear and faint surface scratches as to be expected in an vintage piece. All of our jewellery is professionally cleaned and polished so it's ready to wear or to give as a gift.
Beautiful and traditional these adjustable engraved bangles have been popular in Britain since Victorian times and are often given to babies and young girls as a loving gift or a milestone keepsake.
At Mercy Madge we offer antique and vintage jewellery that is special and each piece is hand selected by us for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- Our photographs are taken in extreme close-up to show you every tiny detail. Any blemishes are greatly magnified and typically they aren’t noticeable to the naked eye. Reflections caused by our bright lighting can cast to dark spots and discoloured areas that don't exist in real life.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over £150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway, please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Sterling Silver.