Three luscious vivid pink large rubies flanked by bright white old European cut diamonds grace this transitional Victorian/Edwardian 18ct gold ring hallmarked for 1903.
The gemstones cover the entire front of the finger in a wide boat shape. The rubies are graduated in size and are accented by the diamonds that are set into ornate carved gold X- motifs with the carving carried round to decorative scrolled shoulders. Absolute stunner of a ring, impressive in stature and elegant beyond measure, superb quality stones!
MATERIALS: 18 carat yellow gold
GEMSTONES: 3 oval cut graduated rubies, with the central stone measuring a full carat, side stones measuring 1/2 carat each. 4 old cut diamonds measuring .04cts each
WEIGHT: 3.3 grams
MEASUREMENTS: Front 17mm across and 7.5mm top to bottom. The ring stands approx. 4mm high on the finger. Shoulders 3.2mm sloping to a back band width of 1.54
HALLMARKS: Stamped Crown/18 for 18ct gold, anchor for Birmingham, date letter 'd' for 1903. Also stamped with a worn makers mark
SIZE: 6-1/2 US, M-1/2 UK and 53 EU. Sizing is available for an additional fee although sizing of this ring will likely affect the hallmarks
DATE: Circa, 1900, transitional Victorian/Edwardian .
CONDITION: In very very good antique condition showing a little loss of crispness to the gold carving as expected with age. The gemstones are free of chips and scratches and are secure in their settings. Please see photos.
At Mercy Madge we offer a distinctive and unique collection of antique and vintage jewelry. Each item in our shop is carefully hand selected by us, for you. The jewelry pieces we offer are old treasures and we rarely find two identical, once they are gone, they are truly gone and you may never find another!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive professionally packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details can be found in our shop's FAQ shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over $150. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.