A delightfully feminine Edwardian sterling silver 8-Point Cross fob, this piece was once worn on a lady's watch chain but she's now a pendant which you can adore and wear daily.
With good clear hallmarks for 1906 this charming cross has a cut-out outline and is beautifully engraved in a lovely floral pattern. The centre cartouche is engraved in the ornate monogram of the original owner. A very decorative piece it has a chubby ball bale at the top that the chain threads through ensuring it lies perfectly.
We have added a new Italian 18" Belcher chain so this charming pendant is ready to wear right out of the box, lovely quality she is the perfect gift or little treat for yourself.
Crosses in every shape and form were a very popular jewellery motif in Victorian and Edwardian Britain and this one is a particularly pretty example. A very sweet piece of antique jewellery and a spiritual amulet!
MATERIALS: sterling silver
MEASUREMENTS: pendant stands 1-3/8" (3.5cm) tall measured from the top to the bottom, 1-1/8" (3cm) wide. Chain 18" (46cm)
WEIGHT: 9.3 grams total
HALLMARKS: pendant stamped 'lion passant' for sterling silver, 'anchor' for Birmingham, date letter 'g' for 1906 and makers mark 'R.P.' in a shield for Robert Pringle & Sons of London. Chain stamped '925'
DATE: Edwardian, dated 1906
CONDITION: the pendant is in very, very good antique condition with minor wear and light surface scratches in keeping with age.
At Mercy Madge we offer quality antique and vintage jewellery sourced in Great Britain. All of our pieces are professionally cleaned and polished so they are ready to wear or give as a gift. We offer free worldwide shipping and a no quibble money back guarantee.
- FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking and insurance
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured all items will arrive gift wrapped in a custom Mercy Madge jewellery presentation box.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Sterling Silver.