This exquisite antique Egyptian Revival green chrysoprase ring is superb quality and one of the best Art Deco sterling silver rings we have ever laid eyes on!
With mathematical precision the face of the ring is crafted in an elongated hexagon shape, a unique stylised sarcophagus design. The face has a stepped profile with cut-outs and it is set with a slender oval chrysoprase gemstone that is cut into a peak. The gorgeous emerald green stone is semi-translucent, it radiates a beautiful vivid green inner glow and it is framed by a carpet of steely grey sparkling marcasite.
A perfectly engineered band completes this sophisticated ring. The band is angled in a slope where it meets the face so you get added interest when viewing the ring from the side and it lies perfectly flat to the finger.
We would love to attribute a very good maker to this ring but it is simply stamped 'Sterling' and 'Foreign'. We are confident it is German made for export in the 1930s. At that time strict British hallmarking law governing precious metals required imported pieces to be stamped with a mark that identified them as foreign made.
A fabulous true period ring all-round, top quality and iconic of the Jazz Baby era!
MATERIALS: sterling silver
GEMSTONE: Presidium tested, green chrysoprase oval cabochon cut measuring 15x5mm, marcasite
RING SIZE: UK N-1/2, US 7 with sizing available at an additional fee.
MEASUREMENTS: the face measures 1" (2.5cm) tall
DATE: 1930, Art Deco
WEIGHT: 5.1 grams
HALLMARKS: stamped 'FOREIGN' and 'STERLING' inside the band
CONDITION: in excellent antique condition with light surface wear and no noted flaws. We have more photos of this piece on our website at www.mercymadge.com
At Mercy Madge we offer a carefully curated collection of antique and vintage jewellery. Each piece is hand selected with you in mind and we rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone! Our pre-loved jewellery is sympathetically cleaned and polished and all ready for you to wear.
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over £150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Sterling Silver, Green Chrysoprase, Marcasite.