An absolutely exquisite early Victorian 18ct gold mourning ring engraved with the date 1851.
Still in the Georgian style this incredibly pretty ring features superb workmanship. Split shanks at the shoulders are decorated in carved flowers and neoclassical columns accented in inky blue black enamel work.
A hair work panel graces the front surrounded by a borders of rose cut dark blue sapphires and natural seed pearls. The pearls hinting at tears shed for the deceased. Superb workmanship and design!
Poignantly the inside of the ring is engraved “E.M.W.P” and "OBt. 29th April 1851" and we wonder who this may have been because they were clearly loved.
MATERIALS: 18ct yellow gold, acid tested.
GEMSTONES: Natural seed pearls, sapphires, Presidium tested.
RING SIZE: 7 (US) N-1/2 (UK) 54 (EU) with sizing available for an additional fee.
WEIGHT: 4.4 grams
CONDITION: Superb antique condition with no missing stones and minimal wear to the enamel.
At Mercy Madge we offer distinctive and unique estate jewelry. Each piece is carefully hand selected by us, for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive professionally packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details can be found in our shop's shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over £100. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.