These stunning antique 9ct rose gold drop earrings set with juicy Bohemian Garnets are a superb example of Victorian "Grand Period" jewellery circa 1860.
Made to an Etruscan Revival design and crafted in solid 9ct rosy red gold they are very high quality and an impressive statement size, as an added treat they come complete in a charming antique fitted earring box.
These heavy gauge gold earrings are fashioned in large pear shaped hoops embellished in circular openwork around the edges. The tops are decorated in large curling leaf and scroll accents and beaded flower motifs adorn the base. The centre of the earrings are claw set in pear and round rose cut garnets that radiate a deep red hue.
Treasured and meticulously preserved the earrings have been fitted with replacement ear wires in 1989 and the fitted gold wires are stamped with British hallmarks for that year.
Brimming in stature and character these magnificent Victorian earrings are destined to take pride of place in your antique jewellery collection!
MATERIALS: 9ct gold throughout
GEMSTONE: Presidium tested, 2 pear & 2 round rose cut red garnets
MEASUREMENTS: the earrings measure 1-3/4" (4.5cm) from top to bottom and 5/8" (1.7cm) wide
DATE: Victorian circa, 1860
WEIGHT: 8.2 grams total
HALLMARKS: stamped on the wires 'crown-375' for 9ct gold, 'rose' for Sheffield, date letter 'P' for 1989. The drops aren't marked and we have acid tested and verified 9ct gold
CONDITION: these earrings remain in excellent condition with minimal signs of wear and the gemstones damage free and securely set. The Victorian earring box (from "F.G. Clemence, Watchmaker & Jeweller, 18, Cornfield Rd. Eastbourne" shows its age as you might expect, the wooden exterior is covered in textured paper with some torn away on the bottom of the box, the purple velvet interior is worn and a little stained.
At Mercy Madge we offer distinctive and unique antique and vintage jewellery. Each piece is carefully hand selected by us, with you in mind. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: 9ct Rose Gold, Bohemian Garnets.